It is currently 25 Jul 2017, 22:38

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to europeanpolitics

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 3 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The referendum
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 13:10 

Have thanks: 1 time
How do forum members view the result of the in/out referendum?

Post subject: Re: The referendum
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 15:45 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 11 time
Why don't you tell us your view on 'Brexit'? Or don't you have a view?

It is not your place to canvass other members. That's the prerogative of Admin.

My view.

http://www.europeanaction.com/id107.html

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 16:47 

EuropeanAction wrote:

It is not your place to canvass other members.

Why don't you let all the other members speak for themselves?

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2016, 17:00 
Site Admin

No. You speak for yourself. If you start a thread, you are responsible for opening it with your view.

I have presented mine ... so respond to it or buzz off.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 00:08 

Britain has intensified it's subservience to the U.S., and Europe has gained by ridding itself of a Trojan horse within it's membership, paving the way for increased cohesion and consolidation among the remaining 27 members.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 05:16 
Site Admin

Rigoletto wrote:
Britain has intensified it's subservience to the U.S., and Europe has gained by ridding itself of a Trojan horse within it's membership, paving the way for increased cohesion and consolidation among the remaining 27 members.

Very well put, Rigoletto. Spoken like a good European.

It is the "special relationship" with the United States that has prevented the British from a proper role in Europe, always wanting some material advantage over the other 27 members. All they talk about is money. No vision and no idealism.

The "special relationship" with Washington was always one of master and servant. Such humiliation.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 05:30 
Site Admin

Brexit set to Impact Israeli Trade with Britain
By Anthony Bellchambers
Global Research, June 27, 2016 Region: Europe, Middle East & North Africa
Theme: Global Economy
In-depth Report: PALESTINE

http://www.globalresearch.ca/brexit-set-to-impact-israeli-trade-with-britain/5533064

Brexit could seriously impact the Israeli economy and its bilateral trade with Britain as UK becomes free from being a signatory to the EU-Israel Association Agreement that gives unrestricted access to Israeli exporters from the Middle East into the British market.

Britain’s decision to leave the EU will enable more accurate identification of those lobbyists in and around the House of Commons whose agenda it is to influence Members of Parliament to pass legislation and trade deals that are advantageous not to the UK but to Israel.

This is particularly relevant to the pharmaceutical and defence procurement sectors where millions of pounds of contracts are concluded with Israeli firms by the NHS and government defence departments as a result of pernicious lobbying by pro-Israel interests in both Brussels and London.

All this will now change as any remaining future British trade with Israel will now need to be far more transparent and based on open competition instead of free trips to Israel and other often covert inducements offered by lobbyists in order to secure UK government contracts.

The original source of this article is Global Research
Copyright © Anthony Bellchambers, Global Research, 2016

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 06:05 

Rigoletto wrote:

There are rumblings in some of the major players of the remaining 27 about having an in/out referendum. Whether it amounts to anything remains to be seen.

Is the UK exit a good or a bad thing for the UK. I don't know.
The common agricultural policy (CAP) was an absolute farce. Pay farmers guaranteed prices for crops and and livestock so they grew and raised for that price. Regardless of market demand. Perhaps, not surprisingly, we ended up with surplusses. Wine lakes, butter mountains come to mind. Eventually, after many years, the issue was tackled by paying farmers to NOT to produce - so called set aside. You couldn't have invented it - except it was.

That's just one example of one body making up common rules for nations of such disparity. I can see the merits of free trade but not the imposition of rules that don't take account of those differences between different countries.

So, in or out? I think in would have been the least worst option.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 07:17 
Site Admin

Well, I am opposed to free trade per se. I am opposed to international competition. I am opposed to the idea of national debts and the system of debt slavery imposed by the moneylenders.

There is nothing wrong with subsidies for farmers if it means increasing production for feeding all of Europe at reasonable prices. Europe needs an insulated economy with an end to globalism.

A truly united Europe with European government could tell the IMF where to go. We should control our own money supply amd the means of credit for the people only. Bankers must never be allowed to award themselves big bonuses when they fail the people.

In short, an end to competition and a new system based entirely on co-operation.

It is revolutionary but it is revolution that Europe needs now.

ABOLISH PRIVATE BANKING

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 13:58 

EuropeanAction wrote:
Well, I am opposed to free trade per se. I am opposed to international competition. I am opposed to the idea of national debts and the system of debt slavery imposed by the moneylenders.

There is nothing wrong with subsidies for farmers if it means increasing production for feeding all of Europe at reasonable prices.

The problem was that it led to overproduction. I came across a case where a crofter was earning more out of subsidies that he did in his day job as a borough surveyor.
There have been reforms of the CAP but, at about 40% of the EU budget, it is still a significant chunk.

In my opinion, you can't regulate countries to be equal. Spain, for example, can produce crops that would not be viable in UK. I don't think equal international subsidies or tarrifs should be applicable.

You are opposed to international competition. How, in practical terms can you prevent it? If you want to manufacture something, basic material prices may be globally about equal. But that's just part of the equation, sometimes even just a small part.

A simple example. Paper making from the raw material, wood for the most part. Trees just grow. Of course they have to be planted, harvested, transported, made into wood pulp (cellulose fibre), mixed with water, formed into a sheet, dried, converted to useable dimensions.......and probably quite a few other stages I've missed/glossed over.

All of that applies to all countries that make paper. One of the big differentiators is labour costs. I don't see how you can factor that out short of maybe swingeing trade barriers.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 14:06 

With Brexit, Israel Loses a Major Asset in the European Union,” Haaretz reports today.

“Britain helped moderate and balance EU decisions about the peace process, blunt criticism and even harness the member states against anti-Israel moves at the UN; voices sympathetic to the Palestinian cause could now become more dominant.”

The Israelis have started to recognize that the Jewish State: “has lost a significant asset in the European Union…, Britain leaving would not serve Israeli interests, especially on the Palestinian issue.”

http://www.gilad.co.uk/writings/2016/6/ ... hin-the-eu

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 14:21 
Site Admin

Then that is one good thing coming from Britain's exit from the EU.

The issue of Palestinian freedom remains a burning issue and Israeli was crimes and human rights abuses do not go away.

Without Britain, Europe can now grow into something worthwhile.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2016, 22:50 

EuropeanAction wrote:

The issue of Palestinian freedom remains a burning issue and Israeli was crimes and human rights abuses do not go away.

Why now? It's had decades to try.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2016, 05:32 
Site Admin

Besoeker wrote:
EuropeanAction wrote:

Why now? It's had decades to try.

I refer to the moral message in outright support for Palestinian freedom and a condemnation of Israeli civil rights abuses and war crimes.

Germany, the main anchor of the EU, has carried this collective war-guilt regarding the Holocaust for too long. It is about time it ended and Israel was made to confront its own persecution of the Palestinians. Britain is also weighed down under pressure from the Jewish lobbies. It is seen in the main parties of Britain with powerful 'Friends of Israel' affiliated organisations.

Britain always takes it cue from America where Israel support is enormous. I was jailed in 1981 for upsetting Jews in the form of cartoon strips. The complaint against me was brought by the Board of Deputies of British Jews. This, in a country that boasts of freedom of expression.

Take away the British influence in the EU and you have one pro-Israel member less. I say that reluctantly as an exponent of a united Europe with Britain playing a role.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2016, 12:19 

Does the UK being in or out change that?

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2016, 12:38 
Site Admin

Besoeker wrote:
Does the UK being in or out change that?

Probably not. Germany is still the most craven when it comes to bowing down towards Tel Aviv. They build nuclear submarines for Israel ... gratis.

Germans can be imprisoned for years simply for questioning details of the Holocaust. So much for free speech.

I simply said Britain leaving the EU means one pro-Israel member-state fewer. That's logic.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2016, 17:30 

EuropeanAction wrote:
I simply said Britain leaving the EU means one pro-Israel member-state fewer. That's logic.

But not one pro-Israel nation fewer. That's logic.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2016, 17:32 
Site Admin

It will become one less within the European Union. From 28 to 27 member states.

That's when the divorce is concluded.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2016, 18:27 
Site Admin

European Rabbis Must ‘Take Action’ Against EU Breakup

https://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/european-rabbis-must-take-action-against-eu-breakup/

“The possibility of dismantling the EU and reverting back to nation states should worry all Jewish people around Europe….A strong European union is a paramount interest to the Jewish people of Europe in general and to Jewish people of Germany in particular.”

THE ALGEMEINER – Chabad-Lubavitch movement Rabbi Yehuda Teichtal, rabbi of the Jewish Community of Berlin, has called on European rabbis to “help save the European Union” after the United Kingdom voted to exit the 28-country bloc. Teichtal made his comments in a meeting with the parliamentary head of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), which is the second-largest political party in Germany.
Teichtal said he is calling on other European rabbis and Jewish leaders to “take action” against other member nations potentially choosing to leave the EU.
“I call upon the leaders of all Jewish communities around Europe to do whatever they can and execute all of their influence, in order to prevent any other countries from leaving the EU,” Teichtel said. “The possibility of dismantling the EU and reverting back to nation states should worry all Jewish people around Europe….A strong European union is a paramount interest to the Jewish people of Europe in general and to Jewish people of Germany in particular.”
Teichtal also expressed concern over “the strengthening of nationalism and of extreme right-wing parties and movements” in the UK, and said that “the Jewish community in Berlin joins a great number of Jewish community leaders from all over Europe who expressed their sorrow over the UK’s decision,” The Jewish Press reported.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2016, 14:53 

Besoeker wrote:
There are rumblings in some of the major players of the remaining 27 about having an in/out referendum. Whether it amounts to anything remains to be seen.

Atlanticist Quislings among the petty nationalist parties (i.e. Le Pen, Salvini etc.) will surely be emboldened and encouraged by the British vote. Undoubtedly euroscepticism has gained a big fillip recently. But if the most insular, low-down anti-European nation could barely score a 2 point victory in it's referendum, what likelihood is there that more intelligent and civilized nations of Europe will follow along the same scurvy path?

Page 1 of 3 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC